It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style, from subtly distorted blues tones through classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
“The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I’ve ever played through” says Satriani. “This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the VOX team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration.”
- Analog distortion pedal designed under the complete supervision of Joe Satriani
Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- ‘More’ gain boost switch enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- ‘Pad’ switch pads down input to allow for high gain pedals (such as modern wahs) placed before Satchurator. Up is pad ‘ON’. Down is pad ‘OFF’ for full Satchurator effect.
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage to modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar’s volume and preserves the guitar’s high end when the volume is rolled off.
- Cream chicken-head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages
- Controls: Gain, Tone, Volume, On/Off Switch, ‘More’ Switch, Pad Switch
- In/Outputs: 1/4" Input, 1/4" Output
- Dimensions: 143(W) x 121(D) x 57.5(H)mm/5.63" (W) x 4.76"(D) x 14.61"(H)
- Weight: 600g (excluding batteries)/1.32 lbs.
- Power: One 9V Battery (included) or AC adapter (not included)
- *Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.