- Two voices of overdrive: Vintage or Modern
- Gain and Volume knobs offer exacting distortion control
- Tone and Bass controls deliver detailed tone-shaping
- The signature Joe Satriani 'More' button
The Vintage / Modern voice switch provides access to two totally different overdrive voices; each is designed to Joe’s exacting specifications using carefully selected components. The Vintage mode employs a special op amp and premium diodes to offer overdrive effects that are sweetly warm and classic, with just the right amount of sparkle and sustain. In contrast, the Modern voice adds in a Germanium diode to kick up a cutting-edge overdrive that is altogether new and aggressive.
Superior Sound Shaping
While most overdrives simply offer a single EQ knob, the Ice 9 is voiced with both a custom Tone control and an extra a Bass response knob. The Bass control adds extra bottom to the sound before it enters the drive stage, delivering dynamic low-end response. Turning the Bass down will result in an overdrive tone with a crisp, extra bite The Tone control shapes the sound as it exits the drive stage, offering even more sonic flexibility. While the EQ points match the exact settings Joe Satriani uses to create his enormous guitar tones, the Ice 9 lets you create an overdrive tone that's all your own.
Click here to see the Ice 9 demo from the Frankfurt Musikmesse show 2010
More, More, More!
How much overdrive is enough? The Gain knob can dial in any amount of overdrive from a warm, soft edge to a full-tilt onslaught – the choice is yours. Working in conjunction with the Gain control is the Volume knob. This controls the overall volume level when the Overdrive effect is engaged. And when you still want "more", the Ice 9 delivers; stomp down on the "More" button and enjoy an additional 14 dB of mix-cutting volume boost!
The Substance of Style
Each pedal in the VOX / Joe Satriani Series was built to be best in its class, with enough flexibility to express both Joe’s – and your own – individual, signature tone. Power comes from a single 9 Volt battery (an optional AC adapter is available). True to Joe's design, the Ice 9 features a durable metal case, a dazzling paint job, plus easy-to-read, chicken-head knobs.
Ice9 Overdrive Pedal specifications
- Controls: Gain Knob, Tone Knob, Bass Knob, Volume Knob; On/Off Switch, 'More' Switch, Vintage/Modern Switch
- In/Outputs: 1/4" Input, 1/4" Output, AC power input
- Dimensions: 143(W) x 121(D) x 57.5(H)mm/5.63" (W) x 4.76"(D) x 14.61"(H)
- Weight: 600g (excluding batteries)/1.32 lbs.
- Power: One 9V Battery (included) or AC adapter (not included)
- *Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.