The FireBox is the most powerful 24-bit/96k FireWire recording interface that fits in the palm of your hand. The FireBox is a complete 24-Bit/96k personal recording studio combining two high quality PreSonus microphone/instrument preamplifiers and 24-Bit/96k sample rate.
The FireBox is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
The FireBox is the most professional-quality mobile interface in its class delivering:
• Higher-quality analog to digital converters (Dynamic Range 110dB).
• Class-A microphone preamplifiers.
• Ultra wide frequency response (10 - 50kHz).
• Road-ready rugged build quality - metal chassis.
The FireBox has the highest record/playback track count of its size with the ability to record six inputs and playback through ten outputs simultaneously all at pro-quality 24-bit/96kHz. Two ultra-low noise high-headroom microphone/instrument preamplifiers with 48V phantom power are on the front panel for quickly and easily connecting your favorite microphones and instruments.
The FireBox also includes a high quality stereo headphone output with volume adjustment on the front panel. The headphone output has its own two-channel driver stream which can be used as a separate stereo bus or two-channel output giving you the ability to send a “cue” mix to the headphone output and a main mix to the main output.
Two additional balanced TRS line inputs are located on the rear of the FireBox along with six balanced TRS line outputs. Two channels of S/PDIF input/output and MIDI input/output are also included via DB9 breakout cable. A software router/mixer is also included for further flexibility and power. The 1/3U-wide metal chassis of the FireBox is designed to fit the MAXRACK rack-mounting system from PreSonus and can be racked with the TubePRE, COMP16, EQ3B and HP4 for a neat and compact computer recording system.
The FireBox works with both four and six-pin FireWire (IEEE 1394) connectors and can be powered by either 6-pin FireWire bus power, or powered by an external power transformer.
DSP Mixer Included.
The FireBox features a Zero-Latency DSP mixer that allows you to mix all six live inputs with a software output stream, then route that mix to any one of its outputs, as well as assign either that mix or a software output stream to its headphone amplifier.
This feature eliminates monitoring through the computer and makes it easy to customize a mix for the artist. It also allows CUEING for DJ’s and live performance where the headphone output can monitor a completely different signal than the MAIN outputs.
Studio One Artist—Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources.
The FireBox is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
• All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface.
• Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels.
• Powerful drag-and-drop functionality.
• Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player.
• Full-featured, flexible automation.
• Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine.
• Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy).
• Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ.
• Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth.
• Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
• High-Speed FireWire Network Audio Interface.
• Plug and play FireWire (IEEE 1394) audio interface.
• 24-Bit / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96K sample rate.
• Record/playback 6 inputs/10 outputs at 24-bit/96K.
• 2 PreSonus microphone/instrument preamplifiers.
• 2 analog line inputs, 6 analog line outputs.
• S/PDIF input/output.
• MIDI input/output.
• Low latency monitoring.
• Headphone output.
• Powered via FireWire bus or externally.
• Software router/mixer.
• Windows and Macintosh compatible.
• Fits MAXRACK rack mounting system.
• FREE PreSonus Studio One Artist recording and production software.
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for your FireBox.
• Windows XP SP2 (32/64-bit) or later, Vista (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit).
• Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended).
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended).
• Mac OS X 10.3.7 or later (10.4.11, 10.5.2 or later, or 10.6 recommended).
• PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended).
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended).
Windows and Macintosh Systems.
• IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port.
• Internet connection recommended.
• DVD-ROM drive.
• Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended.
* Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) that you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals.
* Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
Known compatible and incompatible hardware.!
• Microphone Preamp 1-2 (XLR Balanced).
• Type Combo XLR Female Balanced / TRS 1/4".
• Frequency Response (±0.5 dB) 10 Hz to 50 kHz.
• Input Impedance (Balanced) 1300 Ohm.
• THD+N (unwtd, 1kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain < 0.005%.
• EIN (unwtd, 55dB Gain, 150 Ω Input, 20Hz to 22kHz -125 dBu.
• S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, unwtd, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20Hz to 22 kHz > 101dB.
• Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain) >45dB (+12 dB digital boost switch).
• Phantom Power (±2 VDC) +48 VDC.
• Type 1/4" TS.
• Input Impedance 1 Mega Ohm.
• Line Inputs 3-4 (1/4” TRS).
• Frequency Response (+0,- 0.5dB) 20Hz to 50kHz.
• Frequency Response (+0/-3.0 dB) 20Hz to 150kHz.
• Input Impedance (Balanced) 10 KOhm.
• THD+N (unwtd, 1KHz @ +4dBu Output, Unity Gain) < 0.003%.
• S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, unwtd, Ref. = +4dBu, 20Hz to 22KHz) >101dB.
• Maximum Input Level (Unity Gain, 1KHz @ 0.5% THD+N) +20dBu.
• Type TRS Active Stereo.
• Maximum Output 150 mW/CH @ 60 Ohm Load.
• Frequency Response (±1.0 dB) 20 Hz - 20kHz.
• FireWire (IEEE 1394) Speed 400mbps.
• ADC Dynamic Range (Awtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate) 107 dB.
• DAC Dynamic Range (Awtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate) 110 dB.
• Bit Depth 24.
• Reference Level for 0dBFS +10 dBu.
• Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz) 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96.
• SPDIF 2 channels input/output via RCA connector.
• Bus Power Six-pin FireWire port.
• Power Supply Ext. line Transformer, Intneral switching.
• Main Chassis.
• Package Type 1/3U - steel chassis.
• Dimensions 5.5(W) X 1.75(H) X 5.5(D) inches.
• Weight 5.0 lbs.
For more product info: